AmigaActive (1088/2143)

From:Nick Lamburn
Date:14 May 2000 at 17:25:33
Subject:Re: TV Amazing (was: DVD on the Amiga - sort of :))

Hi Alan

>> Righty ho, then. Where can I get hold of one of these wonder
>> machines, and how much will it set me back?
>
> dunno - as i said, i got mine from WOA 99 - maybe some will be sold this
> year?

I'm not sure, Gateiner were selling them iirc. I bought mine way back in
January 1998 from Golden Image. :) Superb smashing piece of kit, which I
bought for £100 at the time, but remember scandoublers (no flicker fixer)
were about £80 too. :) Esp. as I could watch TV on it.

> some Amiga dealers might have them in stock - if not, i might be able to
> give you the manufacturers contact.

I understand that Gasteiner may still have them and you could try Eagle
Direct on 0800 7316150. But they really are superb, and they have a remote
control as well! :))

> for basic functioning thing, these things are WELL worth the money and
> beat the expensive, not-very-functional, flicker fixers that people want
> to fit to their Amigas

Esp. as Gasteiner *were* selling them for £50 last thing I knew. And like
me, you can have TV, DVD, Gfx. Card output and 15KHz Amiga, on one display
unit, like me! An excellent buy :) Failing Gasteiner or Eagle Direct - try
Amibench.

All the best,

Nick.

| ONLY THE AMIGA MAKES IT POSSIBLE, It has done so since 1985! |
| Trogladite Software - Nick Lamburn |
| http://trogsoft.high5.net oruk_amigan@btinternet.com |
| So the world may know..... |

Save 75% on Products!
Find incredible deals on overstocked items with Free shipping!